Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HORSE CAMP!!!

I went to horse camp today!!! It was SO fun!!! here was what we did all day. (from 10 to 3)

  1. we were led to the lounge (really nice) and Betty asked us how long we have ridden. Then asigned us a horse.
  2. I went with the WRONG group and two kids got there horses, and Holly (a worker) taught them how to brush.
  3. we went back to the arena and betty 'taught' us how to tack up. Sorta. She sent us down to the Ciropracter (he just happened to be there) and he taught us some really cool things. Afyter that we were sent back to Betty were she went half way through the tacking up lesson then sent the intermediat & advanced riders back to the loung were we just sat there and did this "work sheet" and then just talked. 
  4. STILL in the lounge we (Amilia (my new friend that I totally <3) this girl named 'I forget her name' and another english rider watched the beginer group.
  5. FINALLY we went to go get our horses. I rode Hazy (they SO screwed up the web site. Hazy is NOT a begners horse AT ALL) and we tacked up and got into the arena.
  6. we walked around for a while (not on horse back) and then got on the lesson went GREAT!! We did somewhat dressage and during the cantering Betty told me that if I continue after the camp with lessons She could put me with the beginer JUMPING group and teach me how to jump!!
  7. We then brushed our horses down and put them on a hot walker and ate lunch. Then Mom came and picked us up.

 I LOVED it-but after the lesson I was SO dehiderated!!! It was CRAZY!!!

-Kacie the going to learn how to jump-er

No comments:

Post a Comment